Community Habilitation Specialist
YAI is a network of agencies offering people with intellectual and developmental disabilities a comprehensive range of services across all ages. YAI empowers people with disabilities to reach their goals every day. Our passionate staff of over 3,500 professionals believes that everyone has a fundamental right to live, love, work, and learn. If you share our vision and want to help support people to live the fullest lives possible, YAI will be the right place for you.
Community Habilitation Specialists work one-on-one with people with developmental and intellectual disabilities. Community Habilitation Specialists assist people in acquiring and maintaining independent living skills by teaching, prompting and motivating people with disabilities on various life skills and goals, including but not limited to: Community Integration, Cognitive Skills, Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Toileting, Self-Help Skills, Activities of Daily living, Socialization, travel training and money training. Please note that this is not a Home Health Aide position.
- Working directly with a person with a disability in their home or out in the community
- Planning and implementing activities that help foster independence and promote community involvement
- Helping to develop social and relationship-building skills
- Supporting and motivating people in developing and achieving personal goals
- Completing paperwork to track monthly progress and monitor their progress towards specific goals
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Attend supervision and training as required
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED
- Some College Preferred
- Interest in a health or human services field preferred
- A desire to work with people with disabilities
- Ability to provide positive motivation to others
- Must be caring, dedicated, responsible, and patient
- Must be willing to undergo a background check in accordance with OPWDD regulations.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours a week between the hours of 3pm to 8pm, Monday to Friday (Full time (40 hours) & Part Time positions available)